Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chicken and Spinach Lasagna Rolls


I have never thought about making lasagna before. One because I try not to eat a lot of pasta and second because it just looks so dang hard and time consuming. I have had a box of lasagna noodles in my pantry that my mother gave to me when she was cleaning out her pantry ( I guess she didn't want to try making lasagna either). 

I am obsessed with the website Pinterst.com and while doing searches for low calorie foods I came across a few recipes for Lasagna Rolls. I thought I would give them a try but play around with the recipes to make my own. I love these because not only portioned perfectly but also only 300 cal per roll.

Chicken and Spinach Lasagna Rolls

Ingredients
8 lasagna noodles, cooked
1.5 oz fresh spinach
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup 2% Mozzarella Cheese 
8 oz Low Fat Ricotta cheese
1 Egg white
8 oz Cooked Shredded Chicken
2 cloves minced garlic
32 oz Tomato Sauce
Pepper and Italian Seasoning to taste

Steps
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Remove stems from spinach leaves and cut into small pieces.
3. Combine spinach, ricotta cheese,  1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg white, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper and chicken into a large bowl.
4. Take one cup of tomato sauce and cover the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish. 
5. Make sure noodles are completely dry place one at a time on a plate, ( or on wax paper)  take 1/3 cup mixture and spread it evenly over the noodle until well covered.

6. Roll up noodle with filling inside.
7. Line up lasagna rolls into baking dish on top of tomato sauce.
8. Ladle the remaining sauce over the noodles in the backing dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.







9. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Take foil off after 20 minutes of cooking. 
10. Serve, Eat, and ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment