Friday, October 28, 2011

Ground Turkey Stuffed Green Peppers

I have never made or better yet ate stuffed peppers before but they have always looked interesting to me. Since I found an awesome deal at the store on green peppers and I still have tons of ground turkey in my freezer which I bought BOGO the other week, I thought I would give them a try. I found a few recipes to get an idea for one of my own and this is what I came up with.


Ingredients
 
1 C cooked brown rice 

4 large green bell peppers
1/2  large onion
1 Medium Tomato
4 Medium Mushrooms
2 Garlic Cloves
2 tsp.  Olive Oil
1 lb Ground Turkey
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh ground pepper, Italian Seasoning and Garlic to taste



Makes 4 peppers at 221 Calories a pepper


Directions:



Step 1- Preheat oven to 375degrees
Step 2- If needed trim the bottom of the bell peppers so that they have a flat surface to stand on. Cut of the top of the green pepper and save for stuffing, clean out and remove seeds. Place all four hollowed-out peppers into your baking dish.  
Step 3- Dice Onion, Pepper tops, tomato, and mushrooms into small pieces. 
Step 4- Heat up two pans on two burners on the stove with 1 tsp of olive oil in each, with minced garlic clove.
Step 5- Saute Veggies in one pan and cook ground turkey in the other until it is browned. Add pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning to both to taste.
Step 6- Mix all ingredients together in a larger bowl in order to stuff peppers OR
        If you want to portion yours correctly-
    In small bowl put 1/3 cup brown rice, 3 oz ground turkey and 1/3 cup veggies mix well and stuff pepper. Do this for all four peppers.
Step 7- Stuff each peppers with the desired amount of stuffing, use spoon to press down the mixture tightly into the pepper. 
Step 8- Top each pepper with Parmesan Cheese
Step 9- Bake peppers for 30 minutes
 Step 10- Serve, Eat and ENJOY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment