Sunday, September 18, 2011

White and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies: Weight Watchers Recipe 2 points each


It's been a while since I have posted we have been super busy. My husband and I moved to Ellensburg, WA in order for him to go to school at CWU. After three years of substitute teaching I'm taking a break and there are no full time positions as well. I've been applying to jobs I find an interest in and trying to figure out what what exactly I want to do. (Not finding a full time teaching job the past few years has been difficult) My hubby however just got a new job working at the schools gym and had his first day today. I thought I would be a wonderful wife and make him some of his favorite cookies which also happen to be a weight watchers recipe. This is great for me too because I have been really good at journaling my points and working out but sometimes you gotta have a little sweet and with these I don't feel guilty at only 2points a cookie.



Ingredients:
1 cup quick-cooking oats
2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup margarine, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 oz white chocolate chips
4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Spray two large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
2. Put oats in a food processor and process until finely ground.




















3. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt in a small bowl and set aside.


4. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat margarine, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.



5. Add the flour mixture and beat until blended. Combine 2 Tablespoons of white and chocolate chips in a small bowl and set aside. Stir in remaining chips into the dough.

6. Drop the dough by level tablespoons ( I used a cookie scoop) onto the baking sheets 2 inches apart. Sprinkle the cookies evenly with the reserved chocolate chips, pressing lightly so it adheres. Bake until lightly browned along the edges 9-11 minutes.




















7. Let cook on the baking sheets on racks about 1 minute. With spatula , transfer the cookies to racks and let cool completely.



8. ENJOY!

A Batch of WW White and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies = One Happy Hubby





No comments:

Post a Comment