Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Banana Bread Oatmeal


This is a perfect breakfast for fall. I love Banana Bread and so does the Hubs ( though he usually asks for chocolate chips in it) Why not save some calories and eat Banana Bread Oatmeal? I found this recipe and boy does it taste like the real stuff, we loved it and I'm thinking I'll be making it for my Mom while I'm visiting this weekend.



Ingredients

1 cup milk
1 banana mashed
1 banana ( chopped for topping )
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup quick oats
3 teaspoons brown sugar

1. In a large saucepan, whisk together milk, mashed banana, 1 tsp brown sugar and cinnamon. Heat mixture on medium heat.



2. When the mixture starts to boil, add rolled oats and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The oats should turn soft and the liquid should be absorbed.


3. Pour oatmeal evenly into two bowls, top each serving with a teaspoon of brown sugar and slices of banana. Enjoy your banana bread in a bowl.



NEXT TIME: I might add some almonds for a little nut and crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment