Sunday, September 25, 2011

Taco Pizza


I have been craving pizza for dinner but didn't want to get greasy pizza from the store or pizza joint. ( to many WW points) So I decided to give a taco pizza recipe I found a try, changing a few things such as using ground turkey instead of ground beef. The Hubby really loved this pizza, he will eat pretty much anything I make and enjoy it, but he was very enthusiastic about this meal.

  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
  • 2 (8 oz.) cans Pillsbury pizza dough
  • 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans (I used the fat free kind)
  • 1 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Mexican blend cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup sliced black olives
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Brown ground turkey and drain. ( I added onion to my turkey when cooking) Add taco seasoning to the ground turkey according to the package directions.
  3. Spread out two packages of pizza dough onto greased pizza pan until desired size and thickness. ( I made mine a thinner crust. )
  4. Spread refried beans over the pizza dough and sprinkle with cheese.
  5. Top with cooked turkey meat, sprinkle with cheese followed by tomatoes, black olives and onion.
  6. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes until pizza crust is golden brown
  7. Top with hot sauce, sour cream, lettuce, or desired Taco Toppings ( We did light sour cream and avocado)


I didn't do all the pictures for this recipe this time, I didn't know how it was going to turn out and we were hungry. I might try another pizza recipe next time, any suggestions? I'm thinking a Greek pizza. ( Feta, Sundried Tomatos, Chicken and Spinach)

No comments:

Post a Comment